Saturday, May 10, 2008

Baking Marathon

Chocolate-Raspberry Torte, Lemon Creme Tart, White Cake filled with Strawberry Mousse
White Cake with Chocolate Mousse

The last two days I have been baking like a bad woman for birthdays and a shower. We did have a few little problems along the way....we went to deliver one of the cakes to a friend at work. It was raining really hard and we had 2 errands to run first. The cake fell over in the process and we had to try and repair; it looked a little sad by the time we got there. Then I was making the chocolate torte (which I have made several times without any problem) and the chocolate turned out all grainy so I had to throw it away. I had everything else ready but no more unsweetened chocolate, so I thought I would try it with semi-sweet. I knew it wouldnt work, but I did it anyway and....no it didnt work. It turned out like brownie goo--the kids have been eating it though. My second attempt turned out better--with just a minor problem during flipping that I was able to somewhat repair. I am not ready to start a bakery quite yet.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow!! Those look great!

the meyersons said...

I'll eat a messed up cake...I'll eat anything kind of cake.

Well, not a beefcake.

the meyersons said...

darnet...I messed up my last post. judge me...I don't care.